Wednesday, October 11, 2006

See the Morning, part three


Each day I have to cross the train tracks to get to work. Regularly, I see trains of all shapes, types, colors, and sizes. I used to like trains. They interest me. Where are they going? What are they carrying? Why do they go so slowly when I'm in a rush?!


Now that I have lived in an area where I have to cross train tracks (and typically get stopped by at least four trains a week), I'm much less interested in them. I'm more bothered by them. They slow me down and make me late. But this one peaked my interest. I guess it did because I wasn't in any kind of mad dash to get to work. The colors, the contrast between them and the sky, and even the graffiti interested me.
I'm learning that there's even beauty in the things that slow me down and make me late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home