Thursday, August 24, 2006

Allen Breaux Rocks

Okay, so in previous blogs I have made little snide, yet loving, remarks under my breath about Allen Breaux eating his heart out after seeing shots that I have taken. Well, folks, allow me to be the first to say, Allen Breaux ROCKS. When we did the photo shoot, I wasn't that happy because I had some shots in my mind that I thought he would do, and he didn't do. And then when we went to look at the pics, I was naturally unhappy because the shots I had dreamed of were no where in sight. So then I met with one of the guys who works there, a photographer by the name of Glenn. He was awesome. He helped me choose from the selection and helped me even with how to get great shots with my own camera.

Today I went to pick up my portait and the other pictures I had done. All I can say is WHOA. When he showed me the portrait, it literally took my breath away. Obviously stunned, I didn't even try to hide my shock. He smirked and said, "The real work happens AFTER the shot." That was HUGE for me. HUGE. In my VERY limited photography experience, for me, it's all about the shot. But for professionals, capturing "the" shot is only the starting point. From there, they make all sorts of professional adjustments, touch ups, and then they begin the real art work by putting the picture on a canvas and giving it added 'brush stroking' to make it look like a work of art. It is priceless, and I'm soooooooooooooo glad that we chose to go to Allen Breaux.

I take back all my snide remarks.

at least until I get another great shot.... :)

You can see more of Allen Breaux Studio's work at
www.allenbreauxstudio.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

When can we see the shot??? I can't wait to see it!

11:09 PM  
Blogger caryn said...

Here they are!! I hope you like them.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home