Thursday, November 02, 2006

Struggling

I struggle. It may just be me who does this, but it is really frustrating how much I struggle with things. I stuggle with keeping a consistent quiet time alone with God. I struggle with my weight. I struggle with my temper when the traffic is backed up. I struggle with my thought life. The list goes on and on. And it dawns on me... I've been a Christian for over 14 years now. Shouldn't I be "getting it" by now?

Perhaps that's the point.

Ephesians 6:12 ~ For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

No matter how long we've known God, no matter how mature you are in your faith, you will still have struggles. God didn't come down in the form of a man and tell everyone, "believe in me, and I'll make it easy on you." I just have to keep reminding myself of that. At this stage of the game, I expect that I would act a certain way, think a certain way, etc. Frustrating.

Romans 15:30 ~ I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.

I'd appreciate that!

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

My prayers are lifted for you

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your deep thoughts today because I think it hits a nerve in each of us. We all struggle whether we admit it or not.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Girl, you are not alone!! I have the same struggles. I do agree that we all struggle whether we admit it or not. There was only ONE PERFECT person that walked this earth. Your awesome Caryn!! Don't let the punk get you down!

6:00 PM  
Blogger caryn said...

Thanks...
When we are transparent to those around us, those same people will lift us up and carry us through. It's when we try to fake our way through life that things get rough. Thank you for lifting me!!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home