Wednesday, December 13, 2006

looking to the future


I made an announcement at the end of choir tonight. I told them that I would be stepping down as choir director at the end of the month. It has been an AWESOME three years and eight months working at East Bayou, and I can say with all honesty that I cherished working with every person in that ministry.

Right now, God is removing me from leading the choir so that I can be home to raise my family and be there for my husband. I know this is going to honor God in the long run, even though right now it's so painful and I get heartbroken over it all. But I praise Him for helping me through this process because it has NOT been easy. I’m going to be clinging to God for comfort and reassurance, as satan will most assuredly try to make me stumble and confuse me with his lies. Focusing on HIM and slowing down my schedule to find who I am in Christ and who my family is to me is going to bring blessings upon blessings.

Look what God showed me today, and I am claiming this for my life as I work to achieve this goal:


“Strength and dignity are her clothing and her position is strong and secure; she rejoices over the future (the latter day or time to come, knowing that she and her family are in readiness for it)!” ~Proverbs 31:25 (amp).


Whoa!! Thank you Lord!!! He always has a word for us if we just seek His counsel.

I'm not going to say that everything is "hunky dory" now and that life is swell and fine. It stings, it hurts, I get mad, I get sad, I feel lost, and I've cried about it. I've cried mad tears, I've cried tears of sadness, and I've cried in grief over what I'm losing by not working at EBBC anymore. But this is the truth. I can do ministry and sing and make songs to the Lord, and that pleases Him. But if my home life is a wreck and my husband is only getting the leftovers, then all the work that I've put into ministry is MEANINGLESS. It doesn't matter. So no matter what happened that led me to this point, the truth remains that I need to be a virtuous wife to my husband FIRST, and once I have balance and peace at home, God will give me the time, ability, and desire to lead in ministry again. Right now, I'm going to get my life in the proper order and start giving my family the time they need and deserve. It's a good place to be.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with you. I think that getting into the center of God's will for your life is the direction that we all seek. You've taken that first step to do just that. I'm so proud of you. Love, Mom

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree that you should put your family first. That is what is most important. I wish you luck with whatever you choose. It will take time to adjust but look at all that you will be gaining. These precious days with your husband and baby will never be here again. Enjoy every moment because you have waited so long for it to be here. Good luck!

9:51 PM  
Blogger caryn said...

Thanks so much. I appreciate the support. Decisions like this are painful and hard, but in the end it'll all be worth it if I just keep reminding myself WHY I did what I did. :)

6:11 AM  
Blogger ChalanThibodeaux said...

Sooooooooooo...when can Hanna expect a brotha or sista...?

12:18 PM  
Blogger caryn said...

We're workin on that, brotha!!! Perhaps by next Christmas??!!!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger heather young said...

Rejoicing with you and praying blessings over your fresh committment to James and Hannah.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home