Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's a big number


35!!!


Since I was little, I didn't want to be 35.

I was okay with 20. With 25. Even with 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34!


But something about 35. It's like, half way to 70 you know... SHEEESH!!!

The good thing is that I've met all my benchmarks that I thought I needed to meet by the time I was this age.

Husband, check.

House, check.

Career, check.

Baby, check.


But I guess that's the point. I've met my personal benchmarks, so what's next? DEATH!!
Seriously, though... when I was in kindergarten, I remember VIVIDLY that I thought that I would die when I was 35. I guess I thought 35 was like 1,000 years old or something. I told my kindergarten class that it was my birthday this weekend, and they asked me how old I was going to be. One child said, "Are you gonna be 82?" That was comforting. In the next second, another one said, "Are you turning 7?" Of course, 7 is the age they all WISH they were, since most of them are only 5 or 6, so naturally 7 would be the goal. How precious. When I told them that I was 35, there was a collective GASP from every child. That's when my blood pressure began to rise and the gray hairs commenced to express themselves in my scalp, I'm just sure of it.

40 is the "next big one" for me. That used to scare me a LOT. That is until I started being friends with folks who make 40 look GOOD!!! My pals Cindy and Julie are making 40 look about 25. That rocks!! When I turn 40, I sure hope I look like them!!! Wait, I don't look that good now and I'm 35. Hmmmm...


4 Comments:

Blogger ChalanThibodeaux said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR
CARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU

How's it feel being 35? I can't remember that far back :(

2:40 PM  
Blogger caryn said...

Well, my hip has arthitis in it, my shoulders have tendonitis, I have to take medicine for PCOS, and I think my blood pressure is elevated.

That's how 35 is for me.... So far it's not workin for me. HHAHAHAHAHA!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger ChalanThibodeaux said...

Here's what 40 might bring ya:

I have arthitis in my hands, pretty sure my back too, cateracs in BOTH eyes, I see a massage therapist every 3 weeks for my back, chiropractor every 4 weeks, uh, for my back, not too good sinus', blessed with kidney stones about every 3 months (knock on wood), just had a colonoscapy (that the whole world now knows about - thank you Linda Loo), almost forgot...tinitus, well, you can't count that 'cause my ears have been ringing since around 17 yrs old (thanks to my love of music, and loud musicians)

Feeling better now????

11:37 PM  
Blogger caryn said...

Man!!! You are falling apart, old timer!!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

Well, the good news is that we look GOOD, so that's all that counts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home