Saturday, May 26, 2007

Our New Addition

Yes, our family has a new addition...






















A brand new, 2007 Honda Civic ES!!!!!!!
Our financial plan was NOT to buy a new car. I was hoping to run my Mitsubishi into the ground. Turns out, I already did. In November my engine started smoking, so we took it into Hampton (truly, the worst dealership in town) and the "mechanics" (for lack of a better word) told me that there wasn't anything wrong with the car. Well, it kept smoking off and on for seven months now. Two weeks ago, I brought the car in to get a quick oil change, and the oil guy told me that I had a bad oil leak and would need to bring it into a mechanic. I brought it into A-1 on Verot and the mechanic there put the car on lifts and brought me to look at it. He told me that the MASSIVE oil leak was the least of my problems. He said that I had blown both gaskets (whatever that is) and the rear main seal was bust. A five doller seal would cost me over two grand to replace because it's a V-6 engine and would have to be dropped along with the transmission to get at the seal. All in all, almost $4000 in work. The car wasn't worth that, and he said that he wouldn't even drive the car home. I was upset because I was really hoping to keep driving that car for at least two more years. I only had five more payments.... Naturally....


So then James and I decided that since I've never owned a new car in my life, now was as good a time as any, since Moss Motors had just had their car show and they were totally overstocked. They were giving great deals on new vehicles. So we went there and got fantastic service. Not only did they give us 4% interest, but they also gave us $2,500 for my pile of junk for a trade in!! I told the saleswoman what I was looking for, and she found it for me.... on the SHOWROOM FLOOR!!!!

I loved it the second I saw it. It gets 30 miles to the gallon IN TOWN and FORTY on the highway!!!! Yahoooooo!!!! It has an outlet to plug in an iPod, and even the Accords don't have that yet. Not until the 2008 body styles come out. That's why we went with the Civic. It's only three inches smaller than the accord, but gets better gas mileage and was cheaper. It also has a spoiler on it, and the coolest paint color- borrego beige metallic. Plus this one had been detailed for the showroom. What a bonus. It only had 14 miles on it when we drove it off the floor. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Can you tell I've never owned a new car in my life??!!
This is the dash... very hip and cool with two levels!!! And cool blue lighting!! (I was so stuck in the 90s...)
And it has a SUN ROOF!!!! I've never had a car with a SUN ROOF!!!! I've had cars with carpet that hung from the roof that we had to tack to keep in place.... but never a sun roof!! I feel like we won the lotto. So blessed. So blessed.So now we are a Honda family. My sister has one, and now I have one... and we think we've all but convinced Linda to go Honda... :)

God sure did make a way for us to get a new car. He turned what was a miserable situation into something wonderful. Hooray!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home