Monday, April 30, 2007

Festival International de Louisiane

Festival International de Louisiane was held this weekend in downtown Lafayette. Festival International is one of my favorite events of the year to go to. I have been every year (that I have lived in Louisiana) since the festival began. I love it because it's so culturally diverse, family friendly, and the focus is on the music (and good food!). On Saturday, we saw The Imagination Movers, Son de Madera from Mexico, and the Chris Hare quartet. Saturday evening we saw Eddie Bo, Group Fantasma, and Beausoleil with Michael Doucet. Sunday we saw Frigg- a fiddle group from Finland, Solas from Ireland, and The Lovell Sisters, my personal favorite-
It was a great festival weekend and there were ample photo opps everywhere you turned. Naturally, I had to get some time behind the camera, so I am posting a few of my favorites from the weekend.
Drums for sale in the street market:A street performer:

I have another group of shots that I'll post tomorrow... check back later! To see all my shots from the festival (good, bad, and not so great), you can go to the following link: http://caryn.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php.


4 Comments:

Blogger heather young said...

The tilt on #2 is good.
The drums shot is great.
It was a great weekend!

7:53 PM  
Blogger caryn said...

Thanks, Heather! When I was there I just kept thinking of all the great music concerts there will be in Heaven... can you IMAGINE that??? Yeahhhhh!!! :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger heather young said...

You actually captured a couple of the cats that play at church with Ward.

pictures 19 & 20 of your album are:
#19 Nick Stephen - saxophone
#20 Tom Lyles - bass

pretty cool!
These guys are awesome and talented.

12:36 AM  
Blogger caryn said...

yeah! We went to see Chris Hare. Chris and I went to college and studied music together. It was great to see him play at such a big event. I didn't know Tom played with Chris! So cool to see them together, and they sounded AWESOME. Great group.

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home