Thursday, April 12, 2007

Butler Greenwood

James and I decided to get away for a couple days, so we took a trip to St. Francisville and stayed at Butler Greenwood Bed and Breakfast. When we got there, well... to be honest, there is NOTHING to do. You can tour different antibellum homes if you like that, but that wasn't on my top ten list if you know what I mean. So we decided to drive to their 'historic district' where we had been told were many stores, cafes, and little cute nooks to hang out. There were a couple of stores, but that's it. So we went back to our bed and breakfast and I was determined to figure out a way to leave early. I had already teared up at the thought of leaving my baby for the first time, and so it was no problem for me to pack it all up and go home.

Then I realized why people like it here.
There's nothing to do ON PURPOSE. I am so used to go-go-going, that I didn't know how to slow down and just enjoy James' company alone. So I determined to enjoy the fact that we weren't doing anything.

This is our little cabin... the Dovecoat. It is a three story windmill that is nestled inside the trees. It had a nicely decorated bedroom and the cutest kitchen decorated in sunflowers. Very bright and happy!
It ended up being a really wonderful, romantic weekend! Who knew?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Caryn, I so glad you enjoyed your time away. Looking forward to hearing about it.

1:40 PM  
Blogger caryn said...

Well, I don't think my trip can top YOURS to Maui.... but it was nice. :)

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home