Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Festival International, Part Deux

The last group that we heard was called Amazones: Women Drummers of Guinnea. They were very energetic and fun to watch them as they played their percussion instruments. They were very tight and they made you wanna move to their groove!
For me, besides jamming to the beat, I was all into learning about shooting close ups with a zoom lens. When you work with a telephoto lens (mine is a 300 zoom) you really need to work with a tripod or monopod in order to cut down on camera shake. At the festival, I didn't have the convenience of setting up a tripod, so I had to steady my camera on a fence, a stage corner, or just with my hands. Luckily, I got a few that weren't blurry! Go figure!
The whole time I was at the festival I kept thinking to myself, I wonder if we'll get to go to huge concerts like this in Heaven. Then it dawned on me, OF COURSE WE WILL!!! We'll hear sounds and see things that we can't even begin to imagine!!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for
you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be
where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."
~John 14:1-4

3 Comments:

Blogger heather young said...

I like #4 a bunch.

12:30 AM  
Blogger caryn said...

Thanks, Heather. Your opinion means so much because you have an amazing eye for detail. Your shots are breathtaking.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Great shots Caryn, I'm really glad Mike and I went this year. It was nice to hear different sounds from around the world. Thanks for sharing your weekend of pics with us.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home