Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beach Trip 2008

We were so blessed this summer to get to spend time together as a family at the beach. James worked out all the details of our trip through the military and we stayed all week for practically nothing (One night the house we had was only $36.00!). Needless to say, it was a much needed and much appreciated vacation.
There is something so tranquil about the ocean that I just love. Even with a two year old, I still found time to be alone with God and reflect on lots of things He has taught me and shown me over the last few years. It was a good trip to physically rest and get away, and it was an awesome time for our little family too. But it was an even better trip for me spiritually to have time alone with God and His word on the ocean with my feet in the sand. Gotta love that...

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie B said...

I am green with ENVY! Glad you had a great time. I love sweet little family vacations...

6:05 PM  
Blogger heather young said...

So glad that you guys were able to get away!! Blessings:)

1:45 AM  
Blogger caryn said...

Thanks, guys! It was such a needed vacation... and it was one of our best vacations EVER. God is so good to us!!!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home