Sunday, November 30, 2008

What's the Big Deal?

Today at church, Lyndale challenged each of us to answer the question, "Why is Jesus such a big deal to me?" So, here goes:

Why is Jesus such a big deal to me?

1. Because Jesus loves me even when I am unlovable.
I give most everyone else plenty of reasons NOT to love me, or at least to not love how I act or what I say. But Jesus loves me in the midst of it all.

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the spirit alive in Christ Jesus has set you free from the laws of sin and death." ~Romans 8:1-2

2. Because He met me when I was at my lowest point and lifted me up to become a child of the King.
Just when I had no where left to turn, when I thought there was nothing left, I realized Christ was all I ever needed. He met me at the lowest point in my life when I thought that things could not get worse. And instead of making me feel like a sinful, selfish creature, He washed me white as snow and called me a child of the King.

"Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." ~Romans 8:17

3. Jesus gave me a family.
My earthly family is very small- my mom and dad, one sister, only two aunts, no living uncles, only one grandmother left. Very few extended family. Life is pretty lonely when you don't have family. But when I became a Christian, God introduced me to many wonderful Christian friends who are now just as much my family as any blood relative. They have been by me through the best times and the worst times, and I am a better person for knowing them.

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." ~Proverbs 18:24

4. I didn't have to earn his love.
Lyndale used this one, and I have to have this on my list. As a singer, I have grown accustom to earning people's praise, winning a competition, or getting through an audition. But nothing I do, no matter how good (or how BAD), can earn His love.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not of yourselves, it is a gift from God- not by works, so that no one can boast." ~Ephesians 2:8-9



(thanks, Lyndale!) :)

1 Comments:

Blogger heather young said...

Love you ~ Heather

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home